Protect Your Donations with a Few Questions
When someone comes to your door to solicit money, please take a moment to ask a few questions before you reach for your wallet.
We do not want you to give and then afterwards, wonder how your money was used, as so many people do. Please ask questions of the people who ask you for money.
Neither the staff nor volunteers with the Children's Aid Society of Brant canvas door to door.
If someone approaches you, you may want to ask the following questions to protect yourself.
- How long has the organization been in existence?
- What is the office phone number and/or website address?
- If they are asking for only cash donations, ask them why?
- Can they provide you with a postage paid envelope so you can mail your gift?
- Can they provide you with a tax receipt? If so, when will you receive it?
- Can they provide you with their annual report?
- How does the organization fund their programs and which programs are funded?
- How much of your donation will go toward funding the programs you are donating money for?
Take time to ask the questions. Do not be fooled into thinking you have to make a donation right a away. Any reputable organization will be pleased to leave you with information so that you can take your time to make a well informed decision.
If an individual or organization claims an affiliation with the Children's Aid Society of Brant look for our logo. If you are unsure, please call us first 519-753-8681.
Donations to the Children's Aid Society of Brant Endowment Fund may help a youth pursue post secondary education or send a child to summer camp. Please call our Fundraising Consultant at 519-752-9094 or email her at email@example.com.
There's power in asking questions and there's a sense of peace that comes with getting the right answers. Thank you for your support.
Created by Toronto CAS. Thank you to Torronto CAS for their permission to use this article.